When you find yourself with just a few minutes to spare, but still want to be super productive… we bring you: 5-minute hacks.
Complete one 5-minute hack each week.
HACK 1: Meditation.
It’s amazing to see what a different just a few minutes can really make. Bookmark these guided meditations on your phone or computer, and listen to one before making a big life decision, heading into a stressful meeting (like a job interview!), feeling overwhelmed, or when you just need a quick and practical way to relax and de-stress.
- Mindful Breathing Meditation
- Loving-Kindness Meditation
- Anxiety Reduction Meditation
- Restful Sleep Meditation
- Meditation for Focus
- Body Scan Meditation
HACK 2: Prioritizing.
How do you prioritize your priorities when everything is a priority? First, create a list of all your tasks. Consider the items that are important vs. which are urgent. Then, rank order these items, with 1 being the top priority. Focus on that first ranked task before moving down the list. I repeat: do not move on until your first task is complete. And Sister, be realistic about what you can actually do each day!
HACK 3: Podcast.
Listen to one of these short podcasts while you’re getting ready in the morning, making your lunch, or walking the dog.
HACK 4: Shutdown routine.
This is an activity (or series of activities) performed at the end of each workday to signal that you’re done for the day. Linking your shutdown routine with a specific time means that you can anticipate – in advance – when you need to stop what you’re doing and end your workday. For example, if you work 8am - 5pm, consider making it a habit to pause at 4:55pm and complete one (or more) of the following tasks:
- Update your to-do list for the next day.
- Clear off your desk (file any documents and throw away non-essentials).
- Gather your belongings (jacket, purse, laptop, lunch bag, phone, umbrella, etc).
- Clock out for the day and shutdown your computer.
HACK 5: Organizing / Clean Up. When you don’t have much time to spare, but still want to mark something off your list, complete one of these quick tasks:
- Make a list of the housework you want to accomplish for the week.
- Vacuum a room.
- Throw a load of laundry in the washer.
- Start a grocery list.
- Make your bed.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Pick out and iron your clothes for the next day.
- Open and sort through the mail.
Document your participation in A Clear Vision of Life: The Wellbeing Program and be entered to win a Challenge incentive! Simply fill out the form below to report your participation!