World Autism Month
As Alpha Xi Deltas, part of who we are is what we give back to causes we care about. April is World Autism Month and a cause to focus on is Autism Speaks, our national philanthropic partner. The Fraternity creates ways to engage and support the cause, one of which is BRAND NEW and outlined for you in this challenge.
To participate in the brand new social media fundraising challenge via Instagram (or Facebook).
Option 1: AXiD Social Bingo
HOW TO PLAY:
- Go to alphaxidelta.org/axidsocialbingo
- Scroll down and type in your chapter and/or university name in the “search teams” bar on the left-hand side to find your team. (If it is not there, make your own team, or register as an individual.)
- Select your team and join as a participant. Set your fundraising goal to $125 to match your bingo card.
- Make sure you setup email notifications to know when someone has donated in real time.
- Download the Instagram post and story graphics from Exclusively Xi's Resource Center or get them from the Alpha Xi Delta Alumnae Philanthropy Facebook group.
- Instagram: Paste your fundraising profile link in your Instagram bio and upload the Instagram post and Instagram story bingo card graphics to your account. See example of post content below.
- Facebook: Upload the story bingo card graphics to your account (News Feed and Story) and paste your fundraising link in the comments.
EXAMPLE POST CONTENT FOR INSTAGRAM:
Help me celebrate World Autism Month by playing Alpha Xi Delta Social Bingo, an Instagram Fundraiser benefitting Autism Speaks! Choose a donation amount on the card and help me check off all the squares on my bingo card. I will write donor names in their donation amount square and update the card in my Instastory! Fundraising link in bio!
EXAMPLE POST CONTENT FOR FACEBOOK:
Help me celebrate World Autism Month by playing Alpha Xi Delta Social Bingo, a social media fundraiser benefitting Autism Speaks! Choose a donation amount on the card and help me check off all the squares on my bingo card. I will write donor names in their donation amount square and update the card! Fundraising link in comments!
Option 2: Other Fundraisers
Not on social media? Don’t worry! There are plenty of other ways to fundraise during World Autism Month. (See Exclusively Xi for MANY resources!)
- Pay Green to Wear Blue (coworkers pay $ to wear blue jeans at work)*
- Wrap around event (bake sale, garage sale)
- Profit Share (% of proceeds are donated to Autism Speaks)*
- Drawing (like a raffle) to win donated items (at Founders’ Day, or next gathering, work, etc.)
- Silent Auction at Founders’ Day*
- Puzzle Piece Campaign*
*Specific toolkits and information available for these events in Exclusively Xi's Resource Center.
About the author of this challenge
Jennifer Beeman Zipf is a 1998 initiate of the Epsilon Alpha Chapter at UW-Eau Claire. She lives in Carver, Minnesota, with her husband and two sons, ages 5 and 2, who keep her very busy. Jen is an elementary school educator and currently teaches 4th grade with the hopes of becoming a school administrator one day. Her love of Alpha Xi Delta and her commitment to those she knows and teaches who are impacted by autism has empowered her to volunteer both for the Fraternity and Autism Speaks over the 10 years of partnership. She has served as an Autism Speaks Walk committee member and Walk Chair as well as her current volunteer role as the Philanthropy Territory Director of Alumnae Involvement for Alpha Xi Delta.
We’ve linked to many of the resources you may want to use to complete this challenge, but there’s even more if you visit Exclusively Xi's Resource Center.
Let’s Get Together
Sometimes it just feels better to do something with friends than by ourselves. Perhaps you feel the same about Wellbeing Challenges? If that’s the case, try one of the alternative fundraising ideas (Option 2) as a group or association to bring Sisters together to increase your personal Community Wellbeing.
Document your participation for this challenge by filling out the form below. You will be entered to win a Challenge incentive!