Alpha Xi Delta's Founders' Day is April 17, and we hope your association and/or chapter is hosting an event to celebrate! Below are some resources to assist in the planning of your event. Please be sure to take photos of your Founders' Day celebrations and email them to email@example.com.
Alpha Xi Delta Supplies
You are not required to purchase any Alpha Xi Delta items for your Founders' Day event, but many people inquire on where to purchase items. Here are some licensed vendor products that you may be interested in:
- Alpha Xi Delta Napkins
- Alpha Xi Delta Paper Straws
- Alpha Xi Delta Water Bottle Labels
- Alpha Xi Delta and Autism Speaks Supplies
- Autism Speaks Puzzle Piece Cookie Cutters
Additionally, Alpha Xi Delta's Xi Boutique can create custom items (shirts, cups, favors, etc.) for your event in a group order. For more information about custom orders, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A listing of Alpha Xi Delta licensed vendors and products they carry is available at www.greeklicensing.com.
Founders’ Day is a great occasion to recognize Sisters who have reached Order of the Rose (50 years of membership), Pearl (60 years of membership) or Diamond (75 years of membership). If your association has the funding to buy a pin for the member, this can be a great sentimental gift. You can purchase recognition jewelry from Herff Jones by clicking here.
Founders' Day Resources
These resources can be downloaded and used for your event.
- Founders' Day Ceremony (Available for download in Exclusively Xi's Resource Center)
- Pin Style Name Tag Template (Please refer to the instructions included with the name tags you purchased for printing information.)
- Adhesive Name Tag Template (Please refer to the instructions included with the name tags you purchased for printing information.)
- Sign In Sheet (For your records only. This does not need to be sent to FHQ.)
- Founders' Day Tricks and Tips Planning Document
- Founders' Day Invitation Template
- Founders' Day Program Template
- Alpha Xi Delta Grace (video) – Lyrics and Sheet Music
- The Sisterhood of Women (video) – Lyrics and Sheet Music
- Alpha Xi Delta Logo (Available for download in Exclusively Xi's Resource Center)
Marketing Your Event
- Submit your event to the Alpha Xi Delta calendar. This way all alumnae know about your event! Click here to register your event.
- Invitations should be sent to alumnae six weeks prior to the event. Invitations can be sent out via email and/or USPS. The Save the Date and Invitation templates above can be printed or attached to an email as a PDF or image in the body of the email. It is best practice to send event invitations from the association’s general email account. If your association utilizes social media, share the invitation there as well.
- Request a new geographical listing from Fraternity Headquarters. This ensures that you are reaching all alumnae in your area, especially those who might have just moved in! This is a great way to connect with new alumnae and engage members.
- After your event don't forget to submit information for The Quill! Submit stories by emailing your photo and the caption to email@example.com.
Questions about planning a Founders' Day event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.