Alpha Xi Delta’s vision, “Inspiring women to realize their potential,” means we must dedicate ourselves to helping our members recognize and maximize their own strengths and talents while offering an environment of Sisterhood that is special, meaningful and lasting.
Officer Academy provides a virtual opportunity for newly elected chapter officers to receive training and better understand their roles and responsibilities. Officers gather in small groups of similar chapters to learn more about their position, share ideas and best practices, and ask questions. As a large group, these chapter leaders are given the opportunity to strengthen their personal leadership skills in order to best serve their chapters, campus, and community.
Officer Academy 2022 Information
Fraternity Headquarters will be offering Officer Academy: virtual training for newly elected officers! 2022 Executive Committee officers and New Member Orientation Directors can find the first part of Officer Academy, a 20-minute recorded program reviewing the fundamentals of the officer role, in Exclusively Xi’s Resource Center. Officers are expected to view the recorded program associated with their role before participating in the second part of Officer Academy: Live Sessions.
In January 2022, Sisters nationwide will gather for live Zoom calls to learn about their personal leadership style and collaborate with other officers. There will be a keynote speaker call for all officers as well as a call for each Executive Committee officer and the New Member Orientation Director. The keynote will take place on Saturday, January 22 and then in the following days Sisters will collaborate in small groups with chapters that are similar to their own on their specific officer role and responsibilities. Come prepared with questions, ideas, and ready to discuss challenges, and meet Sisters from all over the country!
Please Mark Your Calendars:
Officer Academy Keynote (Presented Live): Each chapter is assigned a time based on the state where it is located. Below you will see the state your chapter is located in listed under your assigned time. If you have a conflict that cannot be resolved, please contact your staff liaison.
January 22, 2022 – 12:00 p.m. EST
Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia
January 22, 2022 – 4:00 p.m. EST
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin
About The Keynote Speaker:
Our keynote speaker is Jessi Beyer. She will be presenting "How to Safely and Successfully Support Someone Who’s Struggling With Their Mental Health." Jessi Beyer is an international award-nominated speaker, mental health advocate, and the #1 best-selling author of How to Health: A Practical Guide To Nine Natural Therapies You Can Use To Release Your Trauma. Named a 2020 “Young Entrepreneur to Watch” by IdeaMensch, she has been featured in dozens of media outlets, including Best Colleges, Saving for College, Student Loan Hero, the CollegeHood Advice Podcast, and HerCampus, and spoken to thousands of people across the country at places like Penn State and Missouri State University.
Individual Officer Sessions:
- Chapter President – Sunday, January 23 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern, 11:00 a.m. Central, 10:00 a.m. Mountain, 9:00 a.m. Pacific
- Chapter Life Vice President – Sunday, January 23 at 1:30 p.m. Eastern, 12:30 p.m. Central, 11:30 a.m. Mountain, 10:30 a.m. Pacific
- Communications Vice President – Sunday, January 23 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern, 2:00 p.m. Central, 1:00 p.m. Mountain, 12:00 p.m. Pacific
- Panhellenic Delegate – Sunday, January 23 at 4:30 p.m. Eastern, 3:30 p.m. Central, 2:30 p.m. Mountain, 1:30 p.m. Pacific
- Member Development Vice President – Sunday, January 23 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern, 5:00 p.m. Central, 4:00 p.m. Mountain, 3:00 p.m. Pacific
- New Member Orientation Director – Sunday, January 23 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern, 6:30 p.m. Central, 5:30 p.m. Mountain, 4:30 p.m. Pacific
- Finance & Operations Vice President – Monday, January 24 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 8:00 p.m. Central, 7:00 p.m. Mountain, 6:00 p.m. Pacific
- Membership Vice President – Tuesday, January 25 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 8:00 p.m. Central, 7:00 p.m. Mountain, 6:00 p.m. Pacific
- Philanthropy Vice President – Wednesday, January 26 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 8:00 p.m. Central, 7:00 p.m. Mountain, 6:00 p.m. Pacific
This year each chapter will be charged $50 for its officers to attend Officer Academy. This charge will be automatically billed to chapter accounts at the end of January.
Registration for the Live Sessions will open via Exclusively Xi on Wednesday, December 1, 2021 and will close on Friday, January 14, 2022. Each officer attending will need to register themselves in order to receive the specific links for their live session. We can’t wait to see Sisters from all chapters across the country during the Live Sessions! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We are wishing health for you and your loved ones!