The Workout, Alpha Xi Delta's comprehensive recruitment training program gets our chapters in top condition before they start the recruitment marathon. Together, we cover activities and exercises that will apply to recruitment plans, review conversation tactics and give members tools to instill Alpha Xi Delta pride.
The Workout 2024
The Workout, Alpha Xi Delta's comprehensive membership growth and recruitment training program, is offering one in-person session this summer on Friday, June 7 – Sunday, June 9 at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
To prepare for your chapter’s recruitment efforts, all Membership Vice Presidents are required to attend The Workout.
- A second representative from the Membership Team such as the Recruitment Data Director, Recruitment Events Director, Recruitment 365 Director or COB Director is encouraged to attend.
- A maximum of two representatives will be allowed per chapter.
- If the Membership Vice President is unable to attend The Workout, approval is needed to send another representative in the chapter’s place by completing The Workout Attendance Approval Form before the registration deadline of March 31.
Registration for The Workout will be available in Exclusively Xi, under Events, from February 15 until March 31, 2024. Registration cost is $375 per person to attend The Workout. In addition to tailored programming, the registration fee will include your lodging accommodations and meals, beginning with dinner on Friday evening and ending with breakfast on Sunday. Participants will also receive a workbook and exclusive Alpha Xi Delta merchandise.
Please work with your Finance & Operations Vice President and Chapter Advisor to determine if chapter funds can cover your registration and/or travel expenses to The Workout.
Late registration will be available until April 15, 2024 for an additional fee of $35 per participant. A change fee of $35 will be applied to any participant changes made after the registration deadline of March 31 until May 15. Starting May 15, any registration changes will result in a $85 change fee.
All participants should provide their own transportation to and from The Workout.
- All participants within driving distance should arrive at NC State no later than 2:00 p.m. Eastern on Friday, June 7 and will depart after 12:00 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, June 9.
- All participants flying should arrive at Raleigh Durham International Airport (RDU) no later than 1:00p.m. Eastern on Friday, June 7 to allow for travel time to campus from the airport, and flights should depart after 3:00 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, June 9.
- Participants will be responsible for ground transportation to and from the airport, and specific options will be provided in your confirmation packet.
- On-site registration will open at 11:00a.m. Eastern and the opening general session will begin at 3:00p.m. Eastern on Friday, June 7.
Please make travel arrangements accordingly based on the program start date and times.
- No overnight accommodations can be secured at NC State for early arrivals or late departures.
- If you arrive early or depart late, your overnight accommodations are your responsibility.
- Additionally, late arrivals and early departures are not permitted.
Please fill out the travel form once your travel plans are finalized. All travel forms for The Workout are due May 15. All participants are required to submit their travel information prior to attending The Workout regardless of your mode of transportation. It is imperative that we have your travel plans and emergency contact information on file for everyone.
Participants attending The Workout at NC State will be staying on campus in a residence hall. Each member will share a bedroom with another member and shared communal bathrooms on each floor. Chapter members will be roommates as much as possible! Meals will also take place on campus in dining facilities.
Participants will receive further information including travel logistics, attire, and other specifics after registration closes for The Workout in your confirmation packet.