The Quill of Alpha Xi Delta is the official publication of Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity. It is published three times a year and is mailed to collegiate and alumnae members; Greek organizations and institutions where Alpha Xi Delta has chapters.
Submit News to The Quill
If you have news about a chapter or alumnae association, a distinguished Sister or a story idea email it to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a photograph to submit, please attach it to your email.
Deadlines to submit news to The Quill:
Spring issue: January 23
Summer/Fall issue: June 1
Winter issue: September 6
Advertise in The Quill
To see ad rates, ad dimensions and deadlines, please click here.
In Memoriam Submissions
The Quill lists the name, initiation year and chapter for each member who has died. If you know a Sister who has entered Chapter Eternal, please inform FHQ by filling out this form. Names will only be listed if accompanied by a published notice, such as a newspaper or newspaper website obituary, a funeral program/prayer card or a listing in a college/university alumni newsletter.
You may also mail a notice to:
Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity
8702 Founders Road
Indianapolis, IN 46268
The Quill Archive
All issues of The Quill are now able to be searched and downloaded. Enter a keyword or phrase to quickly and easily search the entire archive, or find a specific issue through searching by year.
- The Quill Editor reserves the right to edit any submissions to the magazine.
- All stories and photographs in The Quill must reflect the standards and values of the Fraternity.
- References condoning hazing activities, alcohol or drug abuse, little sisters or other fraternity auxiliary groups, or any other inappropriate activities will not be printed.
- Stories announcing weddings, engagements, births and 100-year birthdays will not be printed.
- There will be college chapter and alumnae association news in each issue. Exceptions may be made by the Editor or the National President.
- Letters to the Editor are accepted and printed at the discretion of the Editor.
- All Alpha Xi Deltas will be remembered in Chapter Eternal. Obituaries will be printed only if the person has been National President. Obituaries may be run at the request of the National President or National Council.
- Quality black-and-white and color photos are considered for printing in the magazine. Fax copies, Polaroids, color copies or low-resolution digital images will not be accepted. Photos that show bottles, glasses or cans that might contain alcohol will not be printed.
- All unsolicited material for the magazine will be considered for publication and will be put on file for up to one year. Publishing unsolicited material is at the discretion of the Editor.
The Quill is copyrighted by Alpha Xi Delta. In individual cases, writers, illustrators and photographers hold copyrights for their work. None of this content is for use without permission. For additional information, email email@example.com.