Hurricane Florence Resources for Chapters
In the next few days, chapters may discover damage as a result of Hurricane Florence. Holmes Murphy, our insurance provider, stands ready to address your questions, concerns or claims and encourage you to contact their office for assistance if needed.
If your property suffers damage, please remember that Holmes Murphy has had discussions with ServiceMaster Recovery Management to develop a partnership to provide priority of service to their clients. This partnership provides clients an avenue to this immediate service which is not always readily available in a major storm situation. Your ServiceMaster Recovery Management contact is:
For further information or questions regarding property loss and claim information, contact Holmes Murphy at (800) 736.4327, ext. 5500 or (800) 736.4327, ext. 4189 after the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. You can also contact the claim team at Fraternalclaimes@holmesmurphy.com.
- MK Mashek, Claims Service Consultant
402- 498-0464 Ext. 5500
- Morgan Netz, Account Manager
402- 498-0464 Ext. 4161
- Rob Meraz, Senior Claims Consultant
402- 498-0464 Ext. 4189
What do I do if a property loss is sustained at my chapter?
- Obtain temporary housing for any displaced residents. Your insurance contract should provide coverage for this cost if you purchased loss of rents and extra expense protection. Keep records and receipts of expenses for your claim.
- Do what is reasonable and necessary to protect covered property from further damage (for example: hire contractors to board up windows, clean up standing water, put tarp over a hole in the roof, and, overall, mitigate your losses).
- Notify your insurance agent about the loss as soon as possible. When reporting a loss, the following information is needed:
- Insurance policy number
- Date and time of loss
- Type and location of loss
- Estimated extent of damage
- Name and number of local contact
- If feasible, separate damaged from undamaged property and make inventory of the damaged items. Additionally, take photos of the damaged property once the facility and general area is secured and close proximity is feasible. If you have receipts for the original purchases of the damaged items, include them with the inventory list.
Additional resources for chapters in the evacuation zone:
- FEMA Hurricane Preparation Resource