California Wildfires Resources
Important information about wildfire claim prevention for Alpha Xi Delta chapter facilities:
Claims originating from wildfires are typically the result of soot/ash/ smoke in the environment, rather than actual fire damage. In some cases property owners are required/asked to evacuate areas that are in potential danger.
KNOW YOUR EXPOSURE
- If you/ or your tenants are asked/required to evacuate, there are some steps that you should take to secure the property that may or may not be eventually affected.
- Turn off main breaker/power to the house Ensure all windows are closed and secured.
- Close all interior doors to the various rooms.
- Cover or fill any gaps under doors or vents.
- Turn off AC, if applicable, to prevent the contaminants from entering through the system vents.
- Remove or move flammable materials from the exterior perimeter of the property.
- Wet exterior of property with water/hose if there is time.
- If evacuation is required, make certain save all expense receipts.
To report a claim, ask questions, or seek advice, contact:
MK Mashek, Claims Service Consultant at 402-898-5500/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Netz, Account Manager at 402-898-4161/ email@example.com
Call (800) 736.4327, ext. 4189 after the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.