Alpha Xi Delta Raises $9 Million For Autism Speaks
Indianapolis, IN – Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity is excited to announce it has raised more than $9,000,000 for Autism Speaks.
Alpha Xi Delta formed a national partnership with Autism Speaks in 2009 to help raise funds and understanding and acceptance for those affected by autism spectrum disorders. Since then, Alpha Xi Delta chapters and alumnae associations have participated in numerous initiatives in their local communities and at our host institutions to raise funds and understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorders.
“We are elated to reach this new fundraising milestone for Autism Speaks. Our members keep raising the bar higher with each fundraising initiative. To say we are proud of their dedication to the mission of Autism Speaks is an understatement. Our members, now more than ever, are giving their time, talent and treasure to ensure Autism Speaks enhances lives today and is accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow,” said Elysia Gallivan, National Executive Director of Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity.
Alpha Xi Delta Sisters support Autism Speaks by:
• Being the National Autism Speaks Walk sponsor. Sisters participate in Walks by fundraising, serving on local planning committees and volunteering on-site;
• Hosting AmaXIng Challenge fundraising events at both host institutions and in local communities;
• Representing Alpha Xi Delta and Autism Speaks on the “Today” show for World Autism Awareness Day;
• Participating in the Light It Up Blue initiative on college campuses and in local communities in April;
• Hosting small-scale fundraisers such as bake sales, “Xiti” nights and cookouts;
• Tabling on campuses and in local communities to distribute information on autism spectrum disorders to increase understanding and acceptance of autism.
• The Letters of Love campaign, an online awareness and donation philanthropy challenge for Alpha Xi Delta chapters that runs during November.
Founded in 1893 at Lombard College, now Knox College, in Galesburg Illinois, Alpha Xi Delta inspires women to realize their potential by providing opportunities for Sisterhood, leadership knowledge and service. The national women’s fraternity has more than 175,000 initiated members and chapters on 130 college campuses.
To learn more about Autism Speaks, visit www.autismspeaks.org.