Alpha Xi Delta Raises $10 Million for Autism Speaks
Indianapolis, IN – Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity is excited to announce it has raised more than $10,000,000 for Autism Speaks in the 10 years of their partnership.
Alpha Xi Delta formed a national partnership with Autism Speaks in 2009 to help raise funds and understanding and acceptance for those affected by autism spectrum disorders. Since then, Alpha Xi Delta chapters and alumnae associations have participated in numerous initiatives in their local communities and at our host institutions to raise funds and understanding and accepteance of autism spectrum disorders.
“Raising $10 million in 10 years for Autism Speaks is a true testament to the dedication our members have to support the mission of Autism Speaks. Meeting this fundraising milestone in such a short time frame shows how Alpha Xi Deltas keep raising the bar with each fundraising initiative and inspiring those around them to enhance the lives of those impacted by autism. We could not be prouder of the work our Sisters are doing for Autism Speaks,” said Elysia Gallivan, National Executive Director of Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity.
Alpha Xi Delta Sisters support Autism Speaks by:
- Being the National Autism Speaks Walk partner. Sisters participate in Walks by fundraising, serving on local planning committees and volunteering on-site;
- Hosting AmaXIng Challenge fundraising events at both host institutions and in local communities;
- Representing Alpha Xi Delta and Autism Speaks on the “Today” show for World Autism Awareness Day;
- Participating in the Light It Up Blue initiative on college campuses and in local communities in April;
- Hosting small-scale fundraisers such as bake sales, “Xiti” nights and cookouts;
- Tabling on campuses and in local communities to distribute information on autism spectrum disorders to increase understanding and acceptance of autism.
- The Letters of Love campaign, an online awareness and donation philanthropy challenge for Alpha Xi Delta chapters that runs during November.
Founded in 1893 at Lombard College in Galesburg Illinois, Alpha Xi Delta inspires women to realize their potential by providing opportunities for Sisterhood, leadership knowledge and service. The national women’s fraternity has more than 162,000 initiated members and chapters on 129 college campuses. For more information on Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity, visit www.alphaxidelta.org.
To learn more about Autism Speaks, visit www.autismspeaks.org.