About Our Partnership
Alpha Xi Delta has proudly raised more than $10,000,000 for Autism Speaks.
Did you know?
- 1 in 59 children is diagnosed with autism.
- 1 in 37 boys is diagnosed with autism.
- 1 in 151 girls is diagnosed with autism.
- An estimated 50,000 teens with autism become adults – and lose school-based autism services every year.
- Around one-third of people with autism remain nonverbal.
- Certain medical and mental health issues frequently accompany autism. They include gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, seizures, sleep disturbances, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety and phobias.
Our college chapters and alumnae associations promote understanding and acceptance of autism and raise and funds by participating in various Autism Speaks Walk events across the country and holding AmaXIng Challenges at our host institutions.
Thanks in part to the fundraising support of Alpha Xi Delta in 2018 Autism Speaks was able to:
- Engage 16.3 million people in 172 countries to increase understanding and acceptance of autism during April, World Autism Month.
- Advocate for a $2 billion increase in the National Institute of Health autism research budget.
- Provide nearly 300,000 families access to the M-CHAT-R Risk Assessment Tool for children 16 to 30 months.
- Champion able tax-free reaching $100 million in tax-advantaged funds helping people with autism.
Autism Speaks enhances lives today and is accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow. Visit www.autismspeaks.org for more information.