A Safe Return to Campus this Fall
As many of you return in-person to your campuses and begin recruitment season, Alpha Xi Delta is continuously monitoring the latest CDC guidelines to ensure we are being as safe as possible. Our number one priority is to ensure the health and safety of our members as we continue to navigate the pandemic. With positive cases of Coronavirus continuing to rise across the country, we are urging you to continue following proper safety protocols including all campus, state and local COVID-19 guidelines. We’ve been navigating this ever-evolving pandemic for more than 18 months, and it’s easy to let your guard down. Stay the course and please continue to protect yourself and others by taking these simple measures to help stop the spread of Coronavirus.
- Wear a mask when around others (even if you are vaccinated)
- Wash your hands
- Limit close contact with others
Alpha Xi Delta will provide additional guidance should CDC and/or university recommendations change. The CDC recommends vaccination as the best way to reduce the risk of people spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Check your campus website for more information or visit https://www.vaccines.gov to find a location near you.
Alpha Xi Deltas are resilient, and we are beyond grateful to have our Sisterhood to lean on during these times. If you feel overwhelmed, anxious, depressed and/or stressed, please know you are not alone. There are many resources to help you:
- If you are in an immediate crisis, call 911.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s Disaster Distress Helpline can be reached at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22522
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
Healthy Ways to Cope:
- Download a free meditation app.
- Take a break from your phone and/or social media, listen to some uplifting music.
- Take a walk outside and breathe in some fresh air.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid excessive alcohol, tobacco and/or substance use.
- Talk with others who you trust about how you are feeling.
Please continue to follow the above recommendations and guidelines and take care of yourself. Alpha Xi Delta volunteers and professional staff are here to support you. If you have any questions as we begin the 2021-22 school year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your question will be directed to the appropriate person.
Alpha Xi Delta National President