Alpha Xi Delta is proud to be hosting the Fraternity’s first Summer Immersion Experience in Washington, D.C., from Sunday, July 29 – Saturday, August 4, 2012. Twenty collegiate members will have the opportunity to spend six days fully immersed in the four pillars of Autism Speaks – research, advocacy, family services and awareness. Participants will be staying at Georgetown University and will have a hands-on opportunity to fulfill the mission of Autism Speaks – to change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorders.
- Tour an autism research facility and observe actual real-life scientific research
- Meet with legislators on Capitol Hill to discuss autism legislation
- Volunteer at an autism summer camp
- Spend one afternoon with a family affected by autism
- Host an Autism Awareness Night with the Washington Nationals
- Volunteer at the National Capitol office of Autism Speaks
- Volunteer at Bike to the Beach, an fundraiser benefitting Autism Speaks
The deadline to register for the Summer Immersion Experience has past. For more information on this event, please contact Fraternity Headquarters at FHQ@alphaxidelta.org.