Driving in hot weather can be challenging. Whether you are going on an extended vacation or just for a day drive, here are a few simple suggestions from GEICO that can help prepare you and your car for hot weather driving.
Prepare your vehicle for hot weather driving:
- To prevent your vehicle from overheating, make sure your radiator is working properly and is filled with fluid. Be sure to check your carís fluid levels frequently!
- Ensure that your tires are properly inflated.
- Don't forget your passengers! Make sure your air conditioner is working before you set out on the road.
- If you are traveling a long distance, plan your trip for early in the morning or late in the evening. The weather is a bit cooler and will make it easier on your car's engine.
- Never leave children or pets unattended for any length of time in a car. A closed car can heat up to well over one hundred degrees in a very short period of time.
- As always, it's important to always wear your seat belt, drive the speed limit and be alert.
As a member of Alpha Xi Delta, you could qualify for an exclusive member savings opportunity. GEICO is able to help you find additional coverage such as homeowners, renters, personal umbrella and even motorcycle insurance. New GEICO policyholders report average annual savings of $500. Contact GEICO today by clicking here or calling 1-800-368-2734. Donít forget to mention your Alpha Xi Delta affiliation to see how much your membership could save you!